The season of giving is upon us, and this December 1st thousands across the nation will join #GivingTuesday and donate to causes that make the world a better and brighter place. In this spirit, we are thrilled to announce that two Sustainable Conservation supporters have offered to match every new or increased gift from you, up to $100,000!
During the flurry of feasts and shopping, we encourage you to consider giving to benefit California’s land, air and water with a gift to our Making Big Ideas Work campaign.
Big Ideas for California’s Land, Air and Water
Our Making Big Ideas Work campaign helps Sustainable Conservation bring together business, landowners and government to steward the resources we all depend on.
Three years ago, we set an ambitious goal to raise $14 million by the end of 2015. I’m pleased to say that with $13.4 million raised to date, we’re almost there. With your support, and the generous matching gift offer, I’m confident we can reach the goal. This #GivingTuesday, join Sustainable Conservation in carrying out the work integral to protecting California’s natural resources in ways that make economic sense.
Your donation today will help fund multi-stakeholder projects focused on realizing viable solutions for an environmentally and economically sustainable California.
Some of our big ideas for 2016 include:
• Restoring groundwater for communities and farming – In partnership with the Almond Board of California, Sustainable Conservation will promote a promising method of on-farm recharge to replenish groundwater in the hard-hit Central Valley
• Weeding out invasive plants – After our success in partnering with The Home Depot to stop the sale of invasive plants, we look forwarding to reaching out to Lowe’s and Walmart to continue keeping costly and damaging invasive plants out of our gardens and wild areas
• Accelerating the pace of habitat restoration – Sustainable Conservation will work hand-in-hand with our restoration partners across the state to speed the implementation of restoration projects that benefit clean water and wildlife using the Sustainable Conservation-sponsored Habitat Restoration and Enhancement Act. The legislation was passed by the California legislature last year without a single “no” vote
• Helping California dairies get more from less – We will continue to work with dairy farmers to spur the adoption of an innovating water-saving drip irrigation system that utilizes dairy wastewater, reduces groundwater pumping and improves water quality – all while benefiting farmers’ bottom lines
These initiatives will make a tangible, lasting difference for our environment and communities, so I hope you will consider a contribution to further this important work. Stay up-to-date on the programs your support has has enabled by following us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram.
Interested in doing even more? Then make sure to spread the word to your friends and family and encourage them to support us in addressing the most pressing challenges to California’s environment.
And remember, through the end of the year, all gifts will be matched dollar for dollar – making your support and generosity go just that much further.
Why Give to Sustainable Conservation?
For over 20 years, Sustainable Conservation has united people to find solutions that incorporate diverse viewpoints, goals and interests – all of which helps propel win-win outcomes for California’s environment and economy.
Our past successes include:
• Eliminating harmful copper in automobile brake pads sold in California and across North America to reduce water pollution and support migrating fish
• Accelerating habitat restoration by sponsoring the Habitat Restoration and Enhancement Act, which simplifies and expedites the permitting process for voluntary restoration and empowers landowners to help improve habitat, urban watersheds and coastal water quality
• Improving wildlife habitat through our PlantRight campaign by partnering with The Home Depot in California to stop selling invasive plants
• Reducing air pollution by expanding clean-air farming throughout California’s Central Valley through low-impact conservation tillage
The cooperation and dedication of all our partners – from farmers, to landowners to government agencies – has made each of the above possible. But these are also owed to you – our generous supporters. We wish you and your loved ones a delightful holiday season.
Thank you once more from every one of us at Sustainable Conservation for your support in helping our incredible state thrive.